HSU Digital Media Lab Exhibits
The Digital Media Lab (DML) has participated in ideaFest with special exhibits since 2018. The goal of the DML is to promote and create visibility for digital projects that students are creating at HSU. If you have a digital project and are interested in being part of ideaFest (or know someone else who does), let us know! You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VR Station Showcase
The launch of the VR Station in March, 2019, was followed up by a showcase of some of the interesting virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and 3D animations projects at Humboldt State. We had exhibits from students and faculty on a variety of topics that demonstrate the innovative work that is being done across the campus.
2019 ideaFest Overview
- Modern Times, AR animation by Ron Homer
- Destroyer of Trees, AR animation by Ron Homer
- The Scope of Special Collections: An Augmented Reality Tour, AR interactive tour by Alyssa Johnson & Katelyn Brady
- HSU Gaming Club Introduces a Flight Simulator to Campus, Flight Simulator by Sarah Kanga Livingstone & Dave Marshall
- Virtual Reality Human Performance Lab, 360-degree video exercise physiology labs by Lukas Coppen, M.S. Kinesiology & Dr. Young Sub Kwon, Human Performance Lab Director, Kinesiology
Download the complete 2019 ideaFest program (PDF)
Digital Story Showcase
2018 ideaFest Overview
- Student Snapshots, HSU Student Snapshots is a collection of video stories from Humboldt State University (HSU) students in their own voice. Videos by Vanessa Cota, Rosibeth Cuevas, Phil Santos, and Grecia Alfaro.
- We Are Your Community, Erin Youngblood-Smith and Amy Mathieson are two Masters of Social Work (MSW) students at Humboldt State University focusing on sharing the experiences of African American students with the community.
Download the complete 2018 ideaFest program (PDF)
Humboldt State University Library | Digital Media Lab
For more info, questions, or suggestions, email email@example.com